Our articles (blogs, or however you want to call them), are never really rooted in overt self-promotion or business related musings but, today, we need to stray just a small moment to tell everyone about a few changes we are implementing (which shall ultimately help your experience with our stuff be even easier and more fun).
First order of things; if you weren’t having “fun” previously at this website, please schedule an appointment with your doctor, now!
Second order of things; ‘Whiskey’—we just never seem to have enough, so much so to the point where we’ve had to obtain Scotch (pronounced, Skuh-Huh-Otch, especially before running a billiard table), to hold us over.
Thirdly; we are well within a full-scale paradigm-shift, both mentally and physically.
Things we’re doing in no particular order:
1. We’ve scrapped a ton of wasted web-space and time consuming junk. LinkedIn is out (useless to us). G+, out!! Useless to us. Facebook? It is gone (not deleted), but gone for now. Likely shall never come back.
Many of you had already noticed this change but, we’re speaking to it here and now. Many of you had always suggested more use of video etc. and well, all we can say is, it’s coming and, it won’t be boring. Our facilitation of any ‘social’ “media” will occur via Twitter, VidMe, or YouTube. Tweets will be limited at this point.
Note: This is not, “Hey, we’re quitting social-media,” rhetoric; we have insightful and eye-opening thought-processes that we’ll be sharing soon.
Feel what’s coming…
2. Adapting new modalities/networks etc. is not on the horizon any time soon. We need changes that are as complete as possible and, we need to be very good/sharp at a couple of items.
3. We can’t claim any innovation beyond our audio-catalogues at any point, maybe in the past where packaging was still a commodity but now, in the present, and towards the future, everything is stale and just really a series of updates (in terms of presentation).
We’re okay with that. This understanding leads to revelations and perspectives beyond our own hearts, minds, and spirits.
All your suggestions are welcome!!
4. We will be implementing non-intrusive recommendations to people, products, and services we enjoy. Nothing like what Twitter, Facebook, or YouTube ads display. Our integrations, occurring mostly at our song-pages will be clean, intelligent, and nearly un-noticed.
Don’t forget to visit: OCTOTIGGY
Express any opinions you have on this topic. We’re listening…
5. We’re not leaving anything indefinitely, but we are looking beyond what is seen, heard, presented, and rehashed via the internet.
We don’t know what the next great innovations shall be or become. We don’t know if our entertainment-enterprise will sustain into the next jump.
We always know we’re ahead, better than a ton of people/services out there but, we’re all trapped in the same box known as the internet (for featuring and delivery of our audio).
Perhaps interesting times are about to begin again in tech sectors such as computing.
Maybe everything is at a stalemate for the next ten years?
Alright! Enough of our ramblings!!
Like we said, we’re moving in a very different direction; the format is a work in progress…
What say you??